Importance of the ASP Security Guard Uniform
By Darren Scott, Resource Coordinator.
The uniform is a very important part of ASP.
It sets our employees apart from the general public as an individual in a position of authority. Despite its aesthetic advantages, the real benefit of the uniform goes beyond outward appearance.
Benefits of our uniforms:
- Instant Recognition. In an emergency situation, you don’t want to waste time looking around for someone who can help.
If there’s a uniformed guard on hand, the decision is made for you, and you instantly recognize the person to alert.
- Peace of mind for employees and customers. When uniformed guards are on site, employees and customers are aware and reassured by their presence.
The sight of a well-presented uniform is calming and provides reassurance.
- Deterrence of crimes. A guard in uniform on location provides a strong deterrent to would-be criminals.
- Sense of pride and belonging. When guards put on their uniform, they are able to feel a sense of pride in their own presentation, and also in their affiliation with a company that has an established and strong reputation. Many guards are proud to be a part of the organization and wear the uniform with pride. It identifies them as part of a team of experienced professionals.
- Professionalism. When a visitor sees a security guard on duty, their immediate thought isn’t that a third-party security company has been engaged to protect the premises.
- Most people will subconsciously assume that the guard is an employee or direct affiliate of whatever the guard protects – our clients. This makes presentation and professionalism of the utmost importance.
It is clear the uniform provides many benefits, not only in the form of presentation, but also for logical, practical reasons.
The employees trained by ASP are always proud of their presentation; they go above and beyond in their efforts to maintain a high-level of professionalism.