Every year, many employees suffer injury as a result of a slip or trip at work.
Over the last 10 years, the number of slip- related accidents has been increasing. It is important to remember that safety is everyone’s responsibility.
YOU can reduce the risk of slipping or falling by:
- Wearing appropriate foot wear.
- Immediately calling IOCC Non-Emergency for all spills.
- Call Snow Removal Desk if snow/ice builds up at airside post.
- Taking your time and paying attention to where you are going.
- Walking with the feet pointed slightly outward.
- Ensuring that things you are carrying or pushing do not prevent you from seeing.
A positive attitude towards health and safety can prevent most slips and trips. A ‘see it, sort it’ attitude is always best. The opposite of this is an attitude whereby people leave things they see. Just because one person sees something and is able to avoid an accident, doesn’t mean that everyone else will be able to do the same.
By taking simple precautions, the risk of personal injury from a slip, trip or fall at work can be greatly reduced.