We are well on our way through 2022 and we are beginning to see a change for the positive for business operations. Below is a focus on activity we have had in each of our operations:
Pearson Airport Security
- ASP is very excited to have been successful in retaining the security contract for GTAA for 7 years.
- GTAA has expanded the face mask enforcement project by adding 10 additional Posts.
- In January, GTAA started the temporary foreign worker vacation initiative again.
- We have been made aware that the Arrival testing program has been extended until the end of April.
- GTAA and ASP rolled out RAP+2.0, which is still at the testing stage.
- A detailed I-spring module was created for the British Airway contract.
Calgary Airport Security
- We have had a change of management at YYC, with the sudden departure of Matthew Szajkowski, we are please to announce that Kevin Hepburn will be the interim Operations Manager.
- Welcome Kevin Hepburn. Kevin has transferred from our Pearson operation with a vast experience in airport operations. Notwithstanding recently being a Duty Manager at Billy Bishop Airport and prior to that was a Safety and Security Manager at the GTAA.
- We had a very successful job-fair in Calgary and are in the process of getting new staff onboarded
- We have an aggressive training plan for the start of this year. This will cover training from the onboarding of new Access Control staff, all the way through Terminal Patrollers, Supervisors, SOC, and AVOP.
Sudbury Airport Security
We assisted with and completed a TC audit report for the Pass Office.
• The Pass office hours have been extended and it is now open 5 days a week.
• 5 more employees were added to the schedule.
• Thanks to the team, we have seen a great improvement on the completion of reports. There is still some improvement to be made, so keep up the good work.
• YSB has had a significant impact of Omicron – Air carriers changed and cancelled some of their flights, resulting in YSB has reduced terminal hours.
We are all looking forward to the imminent return of life back to ‘normality’. It has been a challenging 2 years and everyone – clients, valued ASP employees, and
the travelling public alike cannot wait to recommence travelling again.