Passenger Assistance Representatives provide passenger flow and queue management and access control into various areas of the Terminal at Billy Bishop Toronto City Center Airport. PSA’s are required to quickly and efficiently determine eligibility requirements and stream passengers into various queues while providing an exemplary level of customer/passenger service.
PSA’s are often the “first point of contact” with passengers and their objective is to make that interaction an exceptional experience for each and every passenger.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide information to support the Duty Manager on shift
- Greet Customers, provide direction, exceptional Customer Service and assistance to all passengers
- Proactively monitor passenger flows into airport from check-in to security, into airport lounges, as well as monitor congestion points and capacity levels in all areas and notify Duty Manager of any concerns
- Coordinate passenger flows at key areas as directed by the Duty Manager
- Monitor flight info for delays and notify the Duty Manager
- Identify triggers that may cause passenger congestion within the Terminal and notify the Duty Manager
- Assist in queue management of PBS line-ups, pre-security.
- Contact facilities to assist with the deployment of stanchions as required
- Ensure pre-security amenities are stocked and ready to be deployed as required
- Ensure Customer facing areas of the Terminal are orderly and clean (lounges tidy, cups and items picked up from tables, floors clean, etc.) promptly report deficiencies to facilities.
- Contact facilities to supply or arrange pick-up of baggage carts
- Overall awareness to ensure Terminal operations passenger flows are maintained, promptly report any outages to facilities
- Practices Safety conscious behaviours and situational awareness
- Quickly and efficiently determine eligibility requirements and stream passengers into various queues while provide superior customer service;
- Validate/confirm passengers need and right of entry/exit to/from controlled and restricted areas;
- Identify acceptable travel documentation to enable passenger entry to certain areas;
- Assist passengers in preparing for processes, including guiding passengers through automated systems and use of kiosks;
- Control the backflow of passengers into controlled/restricted areas;
- Monitor assigned area/zone to ensure the efficient and expeditious flow of passengers;
- Anticipate and create memorable passenger experiences;
- Establish effective working relationships with other Terminal service providers to ensure the availability of products/services consistent with passenger needs (i.e. wheel chairs, electric passenger carts, baggage carts, porter services, etc.);
- Prepare Incident/Occurrence Reports for any incident or event that directly involves customer complaints/concerns, safety/security or operational issues/events;
- Make recommendations for improvement that will increase the effectiveness of benefit the service delivery to our client and passengers;
- Other duties required by the post or as required by the company.
- Education and Experience
- Successful completion of a minimum high school education or possess equivalent work related experience;
- Experience in airport/terminal operations and/or similar industry related experience in an operational or customer service environment
- All job candidates must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- A Canadian Citizen or landed Immigrant
- Have a clear criminal record
- Physically capable of performing all duties as set out in the Job/Position Description physical demands of the position require the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time during the shift ability to walk long distances and the ability to lift and relocate stanchions in order to effectively manage and adjust queues;
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Transportation Security Clearance
- Able to work all shifts, including nights and rotations;
- Successful completion of initial and recurrent company training is a pre-requisite for employment
- Skills, Abilities and Personal Suitability
- Exceptional customer service skills and conflict resolution skills with a demonstrated passion, sense of urgency and unrelenting commitment to operational and customer service excellence
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to work with it efficiently and possess basic technical skills/knowledge to work with and guide passengers through automated processes/systems;
- Demonstrate critical thinking, good judgement and problem solving and the ability to make effective decisions under pressure;
- Active listening skills capable of communicating in a way that engages others and builds rapport; demonstrates authenticity through respect, empathy and interest in others;
- Demonstrates initiative and drive and ability to work both independently as a part of a team
- Results driven, detail oriented and a strong multi-tasker;
- Thrives in a fast-paced, complex, agile and collaborative customer-centric environment;
- Highly resourceful, innovative and solutions oriented with desire and drive to continuously seek to improve;
- Airport/Terminal Operations experience is highly desirable
- Possession of a valid Transportation Security Clearance and Airport RAIC (Restricted Access Identification Card) an Asset
About A.S.P. Security Services
A.S.P. Incorporated is powered by our people. A team unlike any other within the security industry. We embrace change, challenge and client expectations. We continuously implement new strategies and strive for an environment which creates a culture of constant improvement.
A.S.P. Incorporated has provided security and concierge services for over 15 years to clients in Ontario and Alberta. We currently employ in excess of 500 guards company wide.
Our integrity as a service provider helps ensure we honour all our commitments to our Clients which have given us the honour to provide service to them. A.S.P. Incorporated has the experience, dedication, organization, intellectual capital and fiscal strength to offer a complete turnkey service. We will continue to raise the bar, because at A.S.P., “Security Matters.”